Junker and Chunker

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Training Via My Boss: How To Pick Up A Guy

My evaluations from my boss tend to be glowing, with the exception of one area: my abilty to pick up men. My boss is continuously trying to remediate my weakness in this area through training sessions any time the opportunity arises. She has been known to come into the student section at basketball games to encourage guys to talk to me, find guys sitting next to her at games and call me over for fradulent reasons, and pick up guys after events such as American Idol concerts. All this is usually done with a major lack of discretion for quality.
--
In the office, chatting before the Pitt game, I underestimated her ability to go to far when I mentioned that my friends and I were planning to go to Keglers after the game. As we were joyously celebrating our victory, who should bust up in Keglers but my boss and our secretary. Our secretary, at least, kept her focus on someone who was with us. My boss, however, spotted a random guy across the room, called him over and invited him to join us. We learned all about our new friend, who as it turned out had a girlfriend, but was a great sport in meeting new people. This was actually a more positive alternative to the other guy she had spotted, a very intoxicated older gentleman who looked a slight bit like Coach Huggins and was delusionally proclaiming to the entire place that he was Huggins. After this event, anxiety has reached a new level for me as I prepare for the upcoming trip to New York with these people.






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That one is definitely kind of cute. It's good your boss looks out for your development as a well rounded person, as well as just on the job criteria!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home