Junker and Chunker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New TV!!!




The day after NFL’s championship games
Came the search for the VICTORY TV
The success of Randy and the Patriots
Provoking a formidable buying spree
--
My personal shopper first researching online
The choices we did weigh and measure
I was educated with awe and wonderment
In the pursuit of an entertainment treasure
--
Then to the selected stores we went
Now with anticipation ready to buy
The sight of all the glorious screens
Palpable joy enough to make one cry
--
After comparing prices with those at Sam’s
At Best Buy it was spotted with glee
A sign with the Pat’s Flying Elvis logo
An unquestionable decree
--
And this shall be your sign
It was like an angel from heaven
Saying buy your TV right here and now
A great deal to you will be given
--
And then turning to the right
The perfect TV was found
A glorious 40 inch Sony
My personal shopper it did astound
--
Then the sales girl was persuaded
A hard bargain I did drive
As with the TV I demanded the Patriot sign
What a deal I did contrive

(I believe her exact words were with much animosity in her tone, “You can have every Patriots sign in this store”. She was clearly not a fan of winners.)
--
Then my shopper asked a question
Asking for this nonfan’s advice
Why an exact same 40 inch Sony TV
Had a more expensive price
--
She told us my less expensive one
Was priced based on a fallacy
And so my personal shopper
Had found a deal for me, indeed
--
And now for the Super Bowl XLII
I’ll be watching on the perfect screen
Randy and the Patriots annihilation
Of that other much crappier team

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your otherwise less than devout grandfather once bought a Pontiac because it had a praying mantis on the hood, which he interpreted as a sign from heaven---an aberration from his otherwise OCD comparison shopping .............It turned out well in the case of the Pontiac. A great and reliable car it was.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home