Junker and Chunker

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Staples Order Is In!

The best thing about a new work year is the glorious day we get our supplies from the Staples catalogue. Each year we get to look through the illustrious Staples catalogue filled with a multitude of supplies and request an order. Ever since my first year, when I asked for an office enhancer (map of the US) and testing rewards (candy), and my dreams were squelched with the denial of these items, I have tried to push the envelope in finding out just how unnecessary an item is before the request for it is denied. Last year, I managed to get big bright blue envelopes, multicolored Sharpies, and Lysol sanitizing wipes. This year, I requested and received 160 dollars worth of supplies including pencils, pens, an intricate and elaborate post it dispenser, composition notebooks, markers, 1000 lovely paperclips, and more colorful sharpies. It was comparable to Christmas when I came in and found my kaleidoscopic pile of supplies! And if that wasn’t enough to make me burst into gleeful shouts and dance, under the pile was a memo stating that this month’s staff meeting was cancelled. And no monetary value can be put on that. Clearly, one of the best days ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home