Junker and Chunker

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Anticipation of The Great One

“The wizard? But nobody can see the great Oz, nobody's *ever* seen the great Oz...”

For our school psych conference this year, we are immensely blessed to have Jerome Sattler as a presenter. Jerome Sattler might be thought of as the master of school psychology, authoring numerous books and co-authoring a very popular intelligence test (though now in it’s Fifth Edition), the Stanford Binet: Fourth Edition. His thick books were required reading in grad school and inspired the question that my roommate plans to ask, “So when are you going to hook up with Cliffs notes?” Upon finding out the fantastic news of Sattler’s speaking engagement and in anticipation of this momentous occasion, I placed his picture on my office wall, with the inscription W.W.J.D. (What Would Jerome Sattler Do). In the face of mindless or arduous comments or situations in the job field, I wanted to keep in mind exactly what might Sattler do. I have been keeping track of these quotes and situations under his picture. Finally, the time to actually meet him draws near. In less than 24 hours, we get to meet the wonderful wizard of school psych.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a few questions I'd like to ask him too. Wonder if he responds to email questions.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home