Junker and Chunker

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Birthday Extravaganza











The celebration of my birthday began last weekend with shopping with Stacy and my mom and ends with a trip to Pittsburgh with my dad this weekend. I’ve gone out to dinner three times and received a lot of great gifts. Here are my favorites:

From Kelly, a Borders gift card, perfect for the hyperlexic. Regardless of the fact that I have about 10 books sitting on my bookshelf calling my name to no avail as a result of lack of reading time, at any given moment I can go into Borders and pick out at least 10 more.

From Stacy, THE RINGER DVD. It may seem wrong that someone in the special education field would so enjoy this movie about fixing the Special Olympics. However, I found it to be quite hilarious. My favorite part is when Winston says, “When the *beep* did we get ice cream?”

From Brittany, Mountaineer apparrel and my birthday cake. Brittany successfully made Shirley’s Birthday Cake decorated in blue and gold. Shirley’s Birthday Cake is named after Kayla’s grandmother, who first introduced me to it. This is a cake that tastes like a sugar cookie. The last time I had this extraordinary cake was in Cape Hatteras a long, long time ago.

From my coworker, a desk reference set, including dictionary and thesaurus, so that I can have many a lexical moment in my future.

From the parents, clothes, purple guitar picks, expensive colorful tick tacs, and a SpaRoma gift certificate. Once again, my mom was victorious in landing no presents in the bad pile.

From Allison, among other things, Wild and Wicked Black Nail Polish and Lipstick to go with my wish list Marilyn Manson t-shirt (desired, not yet owned) for a home group appearance if I actually give into my controversial plan that tempts me relentlessly. (Mom and company will probably take it up with her for encouraging me… I had almost forgotten the idea). Allison’s present was choicely arranged in a WVAQ Bring Your Own Bucket Tuesday bucket.

From Cold Stone and the Queen City Creamery-Coupons for free ice cream. For some reason, I signed up twice for each place. To join the Cold Stone Birthday club and receive a free ice cream on your birthday go here


Fantasy Football update: Hail! The conquering criminals! (need to work on a fight song). Last week my team tore it up. This week in the face off of all face offs, I am pitted against Kelly’s team. Kelly and I have had many a feud in our day, but never would I have thought we would battle it out in fantasy football. Kelly has the stronger team, as she was always the stronger one in our childhood battles. But never underestimate the value of hair pulling…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I rank in this.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home