Junker and Chunker

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Heartbreaking Loss


We lost another close one, 11-21, although the score did not accurately reflect the evening. Bats were hot to start the game and 11 runs were scored. Momentum started to shift when third base coach Nick thrust Heather towards home plate resulting in an out. No touching base runners. I have been told by a former teammate he has never seen an ump call this the first time. It is usually a warning. Nick was unaware of this rule and said “I didn’t know.” A player on the other team, only known to me as “the growler”, screamed out in hate “learn the rules!” Since I am the manager, I take full blame. Actually, blame Paul! I was screwed over somehow and dealt the manager title but never have seen the rulebook. Definitely blame Paul!

By the fifth inning we had a sizeable lead. The game got away from us with several walks and some good hitting with bases loaded and a crazy time with four-five Mylan players on base resulting in only one out. That still puzzles me as to what really happened. Bottom line. We lost. We had fun. We still have softball in our hearts and know we are so much better than our 1-5 record. We’ll be ready for Monday’s game and hopefully our second victory! I will do my best to make attempts to reduce my pre-game organizing anxiety. Healthy tips on how the heck I go about this would be greatly encouraged!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home