Junker and Chunker

Friday, March 21, 2008

Who-Cakes: For The Serious Sugar Lover


Jess came to Morgantown to spend some QT with us and fortuitously suggested an IHOP brunch. Stacy held strong to her work ethic, remaining at her school even after receiving numerous texts and calls from Kayla, Jess, and I. As soon as we arrived at IHOP, I spotted posters declaring what I immediately knew I must have: Who-Cakes. These very special pancakes are stacked in all shapes and sizes and are covered with real boysenberry and blueberry glaze, rainbow chocolate chips, and a pink lollipop. They are available only until April 20th to promote Dr. Seuss' “Horton Hears a Who!". They had other Horton-themed menu items, but they were not tried by me. The colorful Who-cakes were excellent, though I pretty much ate most of the glaze and rainbow chocolate chips and not so much of the pancakes. This promoted Jess’ attractive suggestion to buy some icing and warm it in the microwave and eat it with chocolate chips. A family with five children under the age of 8 sat next to us. I tried to make friends with the children and suggested they try the Who-cakes. Not sure how much the parents appreciated the recommendation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home