Junker and Chunker

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter

Easter provided to be very eventful, beginning with a little doggy following me home from running. Stacy wanted to keep the dog and call it Annie, as she could not call it Sandy. Dad was the Daddy Warbucks of the situation, not wanting Annie at first. Stacy and I sang "I think I'm going to like it here" but I don't think we convinced him.
Two young church goers were jammin' out to Snoop Dogg's Drop It Like It's Hot, being all 2 Fast 2 Furious in the church parking lot. At first, I tried to be clandestine in my efforts to get a photo. Then I just decided to ask. One of the young lads was all about posing with his shades with the hood up. Our conversation was as follows:
Me: "Hey, can I get a picture of you guys. You remind me of The Fast and The Furious."
Boy in photo (pretty incredulous): "The Pontiac????"
Me: "Yeah, Will you pop the hood?"
Boy in photo: "Yeah, sure"... as other boy hides from camera
Boy in photo to friend: "You might as well get in it, she already took a picture"...so much for my clandestine efforts.

Christopher acquiesced to getting his picture taken with us but would not agree to a funny face... Now, if only we could persuade him to visit us in Morgantown to hang out and play Sequence!

Aunt Brenda requested that I utilize my Interpreting Children's Drawings book to analyze Noah's drawing of his dandad. Noah indicated: "That's dandad's eyes, that's his ears, and that's his doodad."
From what I could glean from the book, most of the drawing is age appropriate: "Typically in drawings by preschool children, the head is disproportionately large and dominates the drawing". "Big eyes are commonly seen in drawings by young children." "One does not expect to see arms at age 4. There absence becomes increasingly signficant beyond age 6." Suprisingly, the book didn't have any information that I could find on the doodad.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, Annie/Toto is gone this morning. I think she must have run home, saving your dad from going door to door with her on Reeses Mill.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this entry was hilarious. The fast and furious part was my favorite.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home