Junker and Chunker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Church Camp Lexicon and Out of Control Mothers

A favorite activity of church camp for Jess and I included implementing a word for the day inspired by the events that occurred. I bring you some of our favorite church camp lexicon:

Ply-defined as a strand layer of material, such as yarn, rope, plastic, wood, or paper. Two-ply toilet paper has two separable layers, each about as thick as single-ply, affording greater comfort and convenience without a commensurate increase in the risk of clogging the toilet. Apparently there is a commercial regarding this that I have missed. This lexical knowledge was brought about as campers were required to as a team blow a ply of toilet paper in the air for as long as possible. Jess and I were in charge of this cerebral game until my attention was slowly stolen by a five year old boy with a touch of hyperactivity.
--
Lingerieish- This word was invented by Jess and I to describe a shirt in the following incident:
Camper 1-“It really stinks we have to wear a shirt over our bikini tops.”
Camper 2-“Yes, it is so unfair. I missed where it said in the camp brochure in big, bold letters that we were supposed to wear one pieces.”
Camper 1 (to Jess and I)-“Do you think this shirt would be ok to wear over my swimsuit (holds up a small white tank top)?”
Jess (very slowly and with as much tact as possible)-“I don’t think so…it looks a little…mmm… lingerieish.
The moms and grandma came to visit camp and were pretty hard core at rocking out to a band playing in the rec hall. They fought off the campers for autographs and myspace addresses. Their behavior resulted in Carol pretty much passing out.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, WHAT A CHUNKER. Is she the chunker in junker and chunker. At least you dont look nothing like that cow

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are back on the blog altho I can see why you would want to stop ever doing it again

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home