Junker and Chunker

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Despite the threat of tropical storm Ernesto, Allison and I made our way through turbulent conditions to Virginia Beach. Due to the weather and the resulting wrecks that ensued, it took much longer than anticipated to reach our destination. When we finally arrived, we did take a tour of some of the storm's effects; however, we did not venture into the areas of most disturbance. We did notice that Kelly's outside table with umbrella had been significantly disturbed and saw parking lots filled with water.
On Saturday we spent our day shopping until dropping; however, we did not purchase many articles. Allison did pick out a lovely dress for me and Kelly and I could not pass up the chocolate store. After MUCH deliberation, we chose the Cheesecake Factory to dine, where though slightly embarrased, I ordered a fine grilled cheese sandwich which I would highly recommend. We then proceeded to the heart of Virginia Beach and went to the concert, Better Than Ezra, with Kara and her bf, Will. We were able to see the larger than average crashing waves as we walked approximately 4 miles round trip on the boardwalk.

On Sunday we cheered for Kara and her brother John in the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon. Cheering as opposed to running was pretty rough. We coveted those 13.1 miles. We then spent some time on the beach, went to the Cold Stone with a canidate for the world's slowest employee, and went home for our draft . The draft was a major highlight for me, and I am extremely excited to say that I was able to get most of the players I wanted. Sadly, Jamal Lewis was drafted by a garrulous joker and Reuben Droughns was chosen by one who shall remain nameless though suffice to say his moniker is mentioned somewhere on this blog. I will keep them (the players) in my heart when my team is not playing against them. Kelly even joined our league and we are bursting with excitement for the upcoming football season.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home