Junker and Chunker

Sunday, July 23, 2006


Science Center

Our trip to the Science Center was a raving success. Immediately upon arriving, we met my favorite person of the day. This seller of tickets was quite hilarious. We were asking directions to the cheesecake factory and asked if we could walk to its location. With a face and voice devoid of anything but seriousness, this chap replied that you could walk to the Cheesecake factory and it would take four hours. I so wished he could hang out with us the rest of the day.

In the science center, we learned about the percentage of chance you had of dying by natural disaster, and of which natural disaster. We learned about earthquakes, sitting in a booth that simulated various earthquakes of different rankings on the ricter scale. We took shadow pictures, climbed the rock wall, and raced Jackie Joyner Kersee.

Justin had a great debate regarding the differences between an IMAX theatre and an OMNIMAX theatre. We saw Superman in the OMNIMAX theatre, which I will give him, was different. It was quite an experience, and despite some slight dizziness, was very enjoyable.

We ate at the cheesecake factory, and I was able to give out my first cell phone citation, to Justin, who was chatting it up on the phone while dining with us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori! I love the blog. The science center and Superman was fun. I am so glad you invited me to go! Becky :-)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home