Junker and Chunker

Sunday, July 23, 2006
















PAUL AND REBECCA'S WEDDING


Exhasted after counseling church camp
A week of very little sleep
We set off for Paul and Rebecca's wedding
Not knowing what adventures we would reep

Allison had lost her directions
And she was running late
I was made to be the leader
Dismissing thoughts it might be a mistake

We drove and drove forever
The time it did expire
The groom had proclaimed 45 minutes
Now we're calling him a liar

In reading the directions
I made a grievous misplay
I missed the steps FOR EVERYONE
And led us the WRONG WAY

We turned then looked for Murray Farm
Striving to beat the clock
More than a secondary, thirdary, or fourthdary road
Our efforts to attend were blocked

Then filled with joy in finding the location
Despite being 20 minutes later than desired
I drove into a gaping rut
And couldn't move my tires

Sadly we missed the short but sweet wedding
And many kind people set to the task
Of moving my car with a tractor and chain
While I posed with a whiskey flask

We did get to attend the reception
Celebrate with our friends; memories they'll always keep
Then after getting winks and having a good time
I finally got some _________


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't show this to your dad. All's well that ends well is what I always say. At least you got there-remember Alyssa's wedding up around Lancaster that we never got to.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home