Junker and Chunker

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Top Reasons Mary Kay Events Are Not For Me

In trying to broaden my horizons and get out of my comfort zone, I recently went to a friend’s Mary Kay selling debut. By the end of this try something different traumatic event, I no longer felt like a girl. Here are some main reasons I would recommend staying in the zone.

1. The Bonnie Bell dis. Imagine my great aghastment when the host of the event, says “back when you were still wearing your Bonnie Bell” in a voice that implied that this was sometime in the very distant past. In my mind I thought, that would be this morning for me and I certainly didn’t want to admit to the fact that my lipstick/gloss consists of an assortment of Bonnie Bell, Lip Smackers, and Mary Kate and Ashley.

2. Participation points. I thought that I got rid of these dreaded things in Connerhead’s English class in 10th grade, where one of the guys ate up those points like Pac Man, leaving none for the rest of us. He raised his hand and was called on over and over again before anyone else had a chance to formulate an answer. Mary Kay debut participants were given points for asking or answering questions and then won prizes for their points. Once again, there was a participation hog who got all the points.

3. The asking for names. A chart was made of all the people we knew who would be willing for the friend to practice her skills on. We were asked to provide names for this chart, once again getting points for this. I found it a little strange to be giving names for this without the people knowing their involvement, therefore, my friend list looked even more nonexistent than it truly is in comparison to others.

4. The cost analysis: As follows a comparison: Mary Kay Signature Lipstick $13, Bonnie Bell Lip Gloss $2, Revlon Lipstick at Wal-Mart $6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home